September 2015 Commitfest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject September 2015 Commitfest
Date
Re: September 2015 Commitfest  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Two days ago the September Commitfest started. I'm going to be your
host^W commitfest manager this time round.

To start off I went through all entries and tried to make sure their
state is accurate. Right now we have:

Needs review:        47
Waiting on Author:    24
Ready for Committer:     7
Committed:         7
Rejected:         3
Returned with Feedback:  3
Total:                   91

Of the open entries 41 currently have no assigned reviewer(s).

My impression from the last commitfests and the current state of this
fest is that several authors with, in some cases numerous or large,
patches are not doing the corresponding amount of review on other
patches. Let's change that!

Author or not, please review patches. Even if you don't want to sign
yourself up for an individual patch, just send a review. Don't let
yourself be stopped because a well known person has also signed up for a
patch!

To review (copying Heikki's message):

1. Pick a patch from the list at:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/6/

2. Review it. Test it. Try to break it. Do we want the feature? Any
weird interactions in corner-cases? Does it have the intended or an
unintended performance impact?

3. Reply on the thread on pgsql-hackers with your findings.

It is perfectly OK to review a patch that someone else has signed up for as
reviewer - different people tend to pay attention to different things.

Greetings,

Andres Freund