Re: anole: assorted stability problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: anole: assorted stability problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-06-29 23:05:55 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Personally, I have found that _Asm_double_magic_xyzzy makes is not
> nearly as cromulent as _Asm_triple_magic_plugh.  But then, trying to
> figure out compiler intrinsics on strange platforms makes me feel very
> much like I'm in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

;)

Sometimes it even seems easier to just use actual assembler, inline or
not, than use intrinsics. But even the raw instructions, especially
their coherency side effects, are often poorly documented. It's a
mess. It's not helped by the fact that a lot of the web searches for
topics around this by now bring up postgresql archives.