Re: anole: assorted stability problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: anole: assorted stability problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:So personally,
> I would be inclined to put back the volatile qualifier, independently of
> any fooling around with _Asm_double_magic_xyzzy calls.  Or to put it
> differently: where is the evidence that removing the volatile qual is a
> good idea?

Personally, I have found that _Asm_double_magic_xyzzy makes is not
nearly as cromulent as _Asm_triple_magic_plugh.  But then, trying to
figure out compiler intrinsics on strange platforms makes me feel very
much like I'm in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company