Re: #PERSONAL# Reg: date going as 01/01/0001 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: #PERSONAL# Reg: date going as 01/01/0001
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 10:04:38 +0530
Medhavi Mahansaria <medhavi.mahansaria@tcs.com> wrote:

> I need to enter the date in null column based on the results obtained.
>
> but my date gets inserted as 01/01/0001 in postgresql 9.3 when there is no
> value.
> I need to enter NULL in the column.

This isn't how PostgreSQL behaves. Something else is causing this
behavior ... either the client library or triggers or something
else configured on the table.

More detail would help us help you. Provide the CREATE TABLE
statement that created the table, as well as details of what
software you're using to execute the query, and the query
itself.

--
Bill Moran