Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wambacher
Subject Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;)
Date
Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;)  (wambacher <wnordmann@gmx.de>)
List pgsql-general
hi,

waiting for the index (104/121GB), i read his document
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/kernel-resources.html#LINUX-MEMORY-OVERCOMMIT
and will do some changes before the next analyze:

some comments:

- the OOM did not kill the Postmaster but the Analyze-Job.
- started with 24GB real and 18GB Swap - that must be enought! --> killed

- will reduce shared_mem from 1GB to 512 MB
- will reduce max_connections to 100 (but no user was actice, the
applications are down)
- will do "sysctl -w vm.overcommit_memory=2" (just did it)
- may do "echo -1000 > /proc/self/oom_score_adj" but only if the other
actions fail
- the last steps for older kernels are not relevant, i'm running ubuntu
14.04 LTS, which is 3.13

i'll keep you informed.

regards
walter