Re: updated emacs configuration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: updated emacs configuration
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 09:04:02PM -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-06-08 at 21:55 -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
> > After upgrading to GNU Emacs 23.4.1 from a version predating directory-local
> > variables, I saw switch/case indentation go on the fritz.  My hooks were
> > issuing (c-set-style "postgresql"), but ".dir-locals.el" set it back to plain
> > "bsd" style.
>
> I'd consider just getting rid of the
>
>     (c-file-style . "bsd")
>
> setting in .dir-locals.el and put the actual interesting settings from
> the style in there.
>
> Another alternative is to change emacs.samples to use
> hack-local-variables-hook instead, as described here:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/LocalVariables

Those are reasonable alternatives.  The ultimate effect looks similar for all
three options, to the extent that I don't see a basis for forming a strong
preference.  Do you have a recommendation?

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com