Re: Refresh Postgres SSL certs? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Refresh Postgres SSL certs?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 12:28:14PM -0700, Paul Jungwirth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In light of the "Heartbleed" OpenSSL bug[0,1], I'm wondering if I need
> to regenerate the SSL certs on my postgres installations[2] (at least
> the ones listening on more than localhost)? On Ubuntu it looks like
> there are symlinks at /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main/server.{crt,key}
> pointing to /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.{pem,key}. Is there any
> documentation on how to regenerate these? Are they self-signed? Can I
> replace them with my own self-signed certs, like I'd do with Apache or
> Nginx?

Have you read the Debian README?

/usr/share/doc/postgresql-*/README.Debian.gz

It talks about how the certificates are made. It uses the ssl-cert
package to make them, there's more docs there.

Yes, you can make your own self-signed certs and use them.

Have a nice day,
> not attach much importance to his own thoughts.
   -- Arthur Schopenhauer

Attachment