Re: Review: tests for client programs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Review: tests for client programs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule escribió:

> > > a) Configure doesn't check a required IRC::Run module
> >
> > Clearly, we will need to figure out something about how to require this
> > module, and possibly others in the future, as we expand the tests.
> > Having configure check for it is not necessarily the best solution --
> > What is configure supposed to do if it can't find it?
>
> there can be option "--with-client-tests" and this option should to require
> IRC::Run

A configure option seems a workable idea.

In the future we might want to use the Perl test framework for other
things, so perhaps --enable-perl-testing or something like that.  See
for instance
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/64aaac31739cef275839932f16fda226@biglumber.com