Re: Small psql memory fix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Small psql memory fix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 11:28:49PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > The attached tiny patch fixes a small leak in psql's \gset command and
> > simplifies memory freeing in two places.
>
> The first and third hunks look to me like they introduce memory
> leaks, not fix them.  The second hunk is probably safe enough,

The first and third just move the free into blocks where we have already
tested the value is not null.  It just more clearly matches the
surrounding code.  Do you see something different?

> although I'm not sure the case can actually occur --- gset should
> free the prefix before any new backslash command can be executed.

Oh, interesting idea.  Updated patch attached.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Attachment