Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken?
Date
Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken? (SOLVED...but how?)  (Jeffrey Jones <jjones@toppan-f.co.jp>)
List pgsql-general
* Jeffrey Jones (jjones@toppan-f.co.jp) wrote:
> I downloaded http://yum.postgresql.org/9.2/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/rep=
odata/primary.sqlite.bz2
> using wget on the afected computer and ran md5sum over it with the
> following result:
>=20
> 9258bd5672cf7abb55a0d95ee2467afc  primary.sqlite.bz2

That's pretty cute.  I get:

sfrost@tamriel:/home/sfrost> md5sum primary.sqlite.bz2
168232945d791e55e56bb29757458157  primary.sqlite.bz2

Which matches an md5sum run on the file on the server directly and the
file timestamp indicates that it hasn't changed for ~2 days.

Have you tried opening the file you end up receiving and inspecting it?
Something is clearly off if you're getting a different md5sum.

> I have downloaded it from a few separate computers and they all
> return that same result.

Can you try from a system that isn't attached to your corporate network?

> I also extracted and looked at the sqlite file  with sqliteman and
> it worked without trouble. If there really was a problem then I
> would have expected sqliteman to fail reading the file.

Agreed, that's curious- perhaps there's a cacheing transparent proxy in
the corporate network that's feeding you an older, but otherwise valid,
file?

    Thanks,

        Stephen