Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeffrey Jones
Subject Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Stephen.

On 15/02/13 10:52, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Jeffrey Jones (jjones@toppan-f.co.jp) wrote:
>> I downloaded http://yum.postgresql.org/9.2/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2
>> using wget on the afected computer and ran md5sum over it with the
>> following result:
>>
>> 9258bd5672cf7abb55a0d95ee2467afc  primary.sqlite.bz2
> That's pretty cute.  I get:
>
> sfrost@tamriel:/home/sfrost> md5sum primary.sqlite.bz2
> 168232945d791e55e56bb29757458157  primary.sqlite.bz2
>
> Which matches an md5sum run on the file on the server directly and the
> file timestamp indicates that it hasn't changed for ~2 days.
>
> Have you tried opening the file you end up receiving and inspecting it?
> Something is clearly off if you're getting a different md5sum.
Thanks for the confirmation (Love the machine name by the way), based on
your info it does look like something between myself and
yum.postresql.org is causing trouble.
>> I have downloaded it from a few separate computers and they all
>> return that same result.
> Can you try from a system that isn't attached to your corporate network?
Yea, I think I will have to try from home as well.

>> I also extracted and looked at the sqlite file  with sqliteman and
>> it worked without trouble. If there really was a problem then I
>> would have expected sqliteman to fail reading the file.
> Agreed, that's curious- perhaps there's a cacheing transparent proxy in
> the corporate network that's feeding you an older, but otherwise valid,
> file?
I shall contact the network bods and see if they can offer any enlightenment

>     Thanks,
>
>         Stephen

Thanks for taking the time out to confirm. At least we now know it is
probably not yum.postgresql.org or my actual machines

cheers

Jeff