Re: BUG #6528: pglesslog still referenced in docs, but no 9.1 support - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: BUG #6528: pglesslog still referenced in docs, but no 9.1 support
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 08:43:37PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian escribió:

>>> Kevin, did this get accomplished?
>>
>> Just to be clear, what we're proposing adding to contrib is
>> clearxlogtail, not pglesslog, right?
>
> I was not clear on exactly what Kevin was going to add. Kevin?

I was talking about pg_clearxlogtail. It is less fragile than
pglesslog because it doesn't look below the level of the page
structure -- it doesn't care about WAL record types at all. It
never needed one line of source code change until 9.3. Peter
Eisentraut was recently asking me questions about it and pointed
out that "It fails to build with 9.3devel, because of the change to
uint64 for WAL addressing."

Peter, do you have a version that works with 9.3?

Given that we're past the start of the last CF, do we still want to
consider including it? If you tilt your head at just the right
angle, I guess it could look like a bug fix -- but it is a stretch.

-Kevin