Re: BUG #6528: pglesslog still referenced in docs, but no 9.1 support - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: BUG #6528: pglesslog still referenced in docs, but no 9.1 support
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 1/25/13 1:35 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Peter, do you have a version that works with 9.3?

I don't, but it shouldn't be hard for someone more up to date with the
internal WAL addressing changes.

> Given that we're past the start of the last CF, do we still want to
> consider including it? If you tilt your head at just the right
> angle, I guess it could look like a bug fix -- but it is a stretch.

Given that clearxlog doesn't actually work in 9.3 right now (see above)
and doesn't have any documentation, I think the stretch is a bit too big.

I do like the idea behind it, but the first step would be to address
these two points and let people try it out.  Note also that in our
discussion we had some questions about how exactly to write the archive
command to use it.