Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
> On the topic of privacy - who exactly, from an administrative aspect, has
> access to the systems that house these kinds of confidential
> communications?  Do these emails end up in PostgreSQL.org servers long-term
> or is it mainly transient distribution and only individual's personal email
> accounts, with whatever hosting provider they choose, hold the messages
> long-term?

The pginfra team, which has some overlap with core but is a separate
group (I'm not a member), are the guys with root on the servers.
So you have to trust them too as far as information security goes.
I don't know that the exact procedures for the CoC group have been
decided yet; but most likely it will work like the core team, for which
there's a closed mailing list that's not archived on the project servers.
The weakest link in the CoC traffic is likely to be the individual
committee members' email accounts --- I trust they'll take some suitable
precautions.

            regards, tom lane