Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/06/2018 11:22 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> Yeah, somebody else made a similar point upthread.  I guess we felt that
>> the proper procedure was obvious given the structure, but maybe not.
>> I could support adding text to clarify this, perhaps along the line of
>
> Hmm ... actually, there's another special case that's not discussed,
> which is what happens if a committee or core member wants to file a
> complaint against someone else?  They certainly shouldn't get to rule
> on their own complaint.  So maybe change "complaint against" to
> "complaint by or against" in my proposed addition, and then we're good.

Well that is a standard conflict of interest issue. Having simple
language that says something such as:

A Member involved in complaints may not vote/rule on issues reported by
the respective member.

JD

>             regards, tom lane

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****