Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2018-Jun-06, David G. Johnston wrote:

> On the topic of privacy - who exactly, from an administrative aspect, has
> access to the systems that house these kinds of confidential
> communications?  Do these emails end up in PostgreSQL.org servers long-term
> or is it mainly transient distribution and only individual's personal email
> accounts, with whatever hosting provider they choose, hold the messages
> long-term?

postgresql.org does not host personal email accounts, with a few
exceptions.  Most of these exceptions are actually just forwards to
mailboxes elsewhere, so the traffic stays in the relevant postgresql.org
server very briefly.  The few accounts that that are actual mailboxes in
postgresql.org are, as far as I know, only country-specific accounts for
advocacy, not personal points of contact.