Re: hstore parser incorrectly handles malformed input - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ryan Kelly
Subject Re: hstore parser incorrectly handles malformed input
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:27:03AM +0200, Vik Reykja wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 03:12, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody else have an opinion as to which of these solutions is
> > more preferable?
> >

> I think all unquoted whitespace should be ignored, so I prefer your
> solution. (note: I haven't actually tested it, I'm going off these emails)
As long as we make it consistent on both sides of the '=>' (and document
it, too), then I don't really care either way. Currently you have to use
quotes to get an empty key, so I thought it natural to that you should
have to quote to get an empty value.

I've attached a modified version of Tom's patch which also allows empty
keys.

> > And should we regard this as a back-patchable bug
> > fix, or a definition change suitable only for HEAD?
> >

> Since this is removing a syntax error and not creating one, I'd say it
> should be safe to backpatch.

-Ryan Kelly

Attachment