Re: hstore parser incorrectly handles malformed input - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vik Reykja
Subject Re: hstore parser incorrectly handles malformed input
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 03:12, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Does anybody else have an opinion as to which of these solutions is
> more preferable?

I think all unquoted whitespace should be ignored, so I prefer your
solution. (note: I haven't actually tested it, I'm going off these emails)

> And should we regard this as a back-patchable bug
> fix, or a definition change suitable only for HEAD?

Since this is removing a syntax error and not creating one, I'd say it
should be safe to backpatch.