Re: plpython returns integer[] fails for multi-dimensional array - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: plpython returns integer[] fails for multi-dimensional array
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 21 December 2010 3:25:48 pm Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On 21 December 2010 23:17, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> > Are you sure that "a" returns okay in that scenario.  You're using a
> > list.  Shouldn't you be using an array?  Like: a = []
>
> a =[] actually declares an empty list in Python. You can return a list
> or a tuple from a pl/python function in 9.0 and it will be interpreted
> as an array at the SQL call site. You cannot in prior versions.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Peter Geoghegan

Digging into the source for plpython seems to show it only supports one
dimensional arrays. When I tried my previous example on a 9.0.1 instance it
kept changing integer[][] to integer[].

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com