Re: libpq sendQuery -- getResult not returning until all queries complete - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq sendQuery -- getResult not returning until all queries complete
Date
List pgsql-general
> hm, a pq_flush() after command completion putmessage in
> backend/tcop/dest.c seems to fix the problem.  I'll send up a patch to
> -hackers.  They might backpatch it, unless there is a good reason not
> to do this (I can't think of any).

If you just unconditionally flush there, it will result in an extra
network message in the normal case where there's not another query
to do.  The current code is designed not to flush until it sends
ReadyForQuery.

            regards, tom lane