New PGXN Extension site - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject New PGXN Extension site
Date
Re: New PGXN Extension site  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: New PGXN Extension site  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: New PGXN Extension site  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Re: New PGXN Extension site  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: New PGXN Extension site  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
ANNOUNCE list (was Re: New PGXN Extension site)  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: New PGXN Extension site  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
This was just posted to announce.  Seems the community now has to
compete with another extension-based infrastructure if we ever get
around to developing one of our own.

I personally had no knowledge of this, which is fine, but don't expect
me to get excited about it, except to consider it a threat to a
community-lead extension site.

David E. Wheeler wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the launch of the PGXN development project.
>
>   http://www.pgxn.org/
>
> PGXN, the PostgreSQL Extension Network, is modelled on CPAN, the Perl community's archive of "all things Perl." PGXN
willprovide four major pieces of infrastructure to the PostgreSQL community:

> * An upload and distribution infrastructure for extension developers
> * A centralized index and API of distribution metadata
> * A website for searching extensions and perusing their documentation
> * A command-line client for downloading, testing, and installing extensions
>
> We have started the fundraising phase of the project now. Thanks to founding sponsors myYearbook.com and PostgreSQL
Experts,Inc., we're already 2/5 of the way to our goal. Complete details of the project -- including the specification,
implementationplan, and  fundraising FAQ -- are on the site.