Re: New PGXN Extension site - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: New PGXN Extension site
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 16:12 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> This was just posted to announce.  Seems the community now has to
> compete with another extension-based infrastructure if we ever get
> around to developing one of our own.
>
> I personally had no knowledge of this, which is fine, but don't expect
> me to get excited about it, except to consider it a threat to a
> community-lead extension site.

There was a long discussion about this Bruce. On hackers. David even
sent out an RFC:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-01/msg00692.php

I, for one am +1 (although I do note a hint of PGX in PGXN :P).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor