Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Takahiro Itagaki
Subject Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> Any external projects will fail on this if they're attempting to
> support both pre-9.0 and post-9.0 PostgreSQLs.  David Wheeler has
> suggested that we special-case PL/pgsql for 9.0 and greater, as it's
> in template0, where those tests are based.

+1 for the CREATE LANGUAGE IF NOT EXISTS behavior.

The regression test in the core is targeting only its version,
but some external projects have version-independent tests.
I hope --load-language works as "ensure the language is installed"
rather than "always install the language".

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center