Re: SR: "pseudo replication database of the primary" ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: SR: "pseudo replication database of the primary" ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
My only thought would be to change 'pseudo' to 'virtual' ... my initial
read, I was looking for a system database like template1/template0 being
created ...

Thx ...

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Fujii Masao wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>> I'm reading through the Wiki docs, and one thing isn't clear:
>>
>> "3. Set up connections and authentication so that the standby server can
>> successfully connect to the pseudo replication database of the primary."
>>
>> I've searched Google, to see if its mentioned anywhere else, but nadda ...
>> can't connect to it using psql, which makes it confusing as to why I'm
>> configuring access to it via pg_hba.conf ...
>
> Yeah, since there is no 'replication' database unless user explicitly
> creates it, psql would be unable to connect to it. 'replication' is the
> keyword of pg_hba.conf only for authenticating the standby server. This
> keyword needs to be specified in the 'database' field of pg_hba.conf.
> So I expressed it as the pseudo replication database. Please see the
> document for details.
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/streaming-replication.html#STREAMING-REPLICATION-AUTHENTICATION
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/auth-pg-hba-conf.html
>
> If that expression is confusing, please feel free to modify it in the
> wiki and doc ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Fujii Masao
> NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION
> NTT Open Source Software Center

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org