Re: Table Partitioning Advice Request - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Table Partitioning Advice Request
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 02:41:40PM +0100, Vincenzo Romano wrote:
> > 2009/12/17 Sam Jas <samjas33@yahoo.com>
> > Rule is not advisable, Trigger is the best solution.

> If you have to choose among a couple hundred partition tables, the
> trigger function body is far from trivial!

It's possible to generate such code and deploy it automatically.

> You really think that calling and running a trigger function for every
> line is the best solution?

Yes.  The trigger function is choosing from a small subset of the
tables, or you know which tables exactly the rows are going into and
insert them there.

Oh, and please do trim, and don't top-post.  I've fix this in this
post.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!