Add pg server to cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AlannY
Subject Add pg server to cluster
Date
...  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi there.

I'm using PostgreSQL as my main database engine. Everything works.

I have one server for PostgreSQL, and space on it are lowing down.

I want to buy a new server and somehow connect it with first one, that
PostgreSQL will use this new server's HDD. I don't want to buy new HDD
for the first server, because I don't have a space in server box.

So, currently PostgreSQL data are located in /var/lib/pgsql/data
folder. If I connect new server, how should I connect new server's
folders to this directory, so PostgreSQL can add space for its data?

Or maybe it's unreal to do? Unreal to use several network folders for
data? I'm new in clustering... Maybe it's possible to split up data
folder (and the mount it via NFS, for example)?

Thanks for patients.

--