Re: Split-up ECPG patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Split-up ECPG patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 05:48:57PM +0200, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> "/usr/bin/perl" ./parse.pl . < ../../../../src/backend/parser/gram.y >
> preproc.y
> /usr/bin/bison -d  -o preproc.c preproc.y
> preproc.y: conflicts: 2 shift/reduce
> preproc.y: expected 0 shift/reduce conflicts
> make[4]: *** [preproc.c] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/zozo/Schönig-számlák/leoni/2/pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc'

Right, I missed this one. But it's ecpg specific and should not be fixed by
changing gram.y. The problem is that SignedIconst might be a char variable,
too. So how shall the parser know whether str in "FETCH BACKWARD :str" carries
the number of records to move backwards ot the cursor name. A possible solution
would be to force a numeric variable for numeric data. Also keep in mind that a
fetch statement without from/in is an addition on top of the standard. I'm not
sure if any other dbms still allows this construct, so we might we well remove
it for 8.5. Or move it to a special compatibility mode.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo/Skype: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes@jabber.org