Re: .psql_history": No such file - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: .psql_history": No such file
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Ivan,

Le vendredi 26 juin 2009 à 17:53:15, ivan marchesini a écrit :
> [...]
> I have installed a postgres db using a datadir different
> from /var/lib/pgsql/.psql_history.
>
> then:
>    su postgres
>    psql postgres
>
> All went fine but when I exit from psql from a db I obtain:
> _______
> could not save history to file "/var/lib/pgsql/.psql_history": No such
> file or directory
> _______
>
> how can I fix this problem? where can I say psql that it must
> write .psql_history into the datadir?

psql tries to write there because the home directory of the postgres user is
/var/lib/postgres. Probably better to use HISTFILE to change it (\set HISTFILE
'/path/to/histfile').

Regards.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com