Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up  ("Markus Wanner" <markus@bluegap.ch>)
List pgsql-hackers
Again,

This has been raised and ignored many times before on -hackers... The
reason is because the tags in the CVS repository are "broken" (i.e they
are such that it's impossible to actually create all the tags), so the
git "cvsimport" tools that try to tags all croak on the PG CVS repository.

The tool which doesn't croak doesn't try and import all the tags, just
the sticky "branch tags"...

Scripts to "fix" (actually, remove) the broken tags have also been
posted, along with requests that if somebody is "mucking" with the
actual repository, to make sure it's known about, and access is "denied"
during the mucking period (access being any rsync/anoncvs/mirroring of
the cvs root).

As long as the tags are broken, you aren't going to get the tags
imported.

If you're going to fix the tags, warn everybody (because most people
doing automatic conversions must know - they may need to be very
careful to avoid a full re-import), do it, and let us know when it's
done.

a.

* Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> [090526 10:41]: