Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up  (Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca>)
List pgsql-hackers
[moving this onto -hackers, where I think it belongs]

Tom Lane wrote:
> Huh?  The buildfarm will only prove that HEAD of the active branches
> builds.  What the concern was was whether we could correctly extract
> past states (particularly, but not solely, the tags corresponding to
> releases) from a converted git repository.  The testing I had in mind
> was to check out various tags and diff that tree against actual release
> tarballs.

It appears that our git repo is only picking up the branch tags (e.g.
REL8_0_STABLE) , not all the release tags (e.g. REL8_0_5) . That needs
to be fixed (if possible).

cheers

andrew