Re: typedefs for indent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: typedefs for indent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > typedefs listed on platforms that match identifiers in our code that are
> > > _not_ typedefs.
> >
> > Does this actually happen anywhere?
>
> No idea;  it was more a theoretical issue to say that having more
> typedefs is not necessarily a good thing;  they should ideally be the
> typedefs we use, and Windows adds a lot of typedefs we don't use.

Okay, so I went over the mingw list a bit (not exhaustively) and found
no typedef that's used as an identifier in our code.

Huh ... just found one.  It's called "timezone", but it's used as an
identifier only in the function declaration (dt2local), not in the
function definition, which uses "tz" instead.

There's also ACL, but we only use it in macro definitions.

There are a bunch of other typedefs that the mingw port adds, but
several of them are actually used in our code (HANDLE, BOOL, etc).

I think this is minor enough that it should be ignored.