Re: [HACKERS] Patch for Prevent pg_dump/pg_restore from being affected by statement_timeout - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Patch for Prevent pg_dump/pg_restore from being affected by statement_timeout
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Patch for Prevent pg_dump/pg_restore from being affected by statement_timeout  ("Alex Hunsaker" <badalex@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-patches
Alex Hunsaker wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > Joshua D. Drake escribi?:
> >
> > > That is an interesting idea. Something like:
> >  >
> >  > pg_restore -E "SET STATEMENT_TIMEOUT=0; SET MAINTENANCE_WORK_MEM=1G" ?
> >
> >  We already have it -- it's called PGOPTIONS.
> >

> Ok but is not the purpose of the patch to turn off statement_timeout
> by *default* in pg_restore/pg_dump?
>
> Here is an updated patch for I posted above (with the command line
> option --use-statement-timeout) for pg_dump and pg_restore.

I would like to get do this without adding a new --use-statement-timeout
flag.  Is anyone going to want to honor statement_timeout during
pg_dump/pg_restore?  I thought we were just going to disable it.