Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> The source code is the same for both Unix and Windows but you are right
> some typedefs are only visible on windows.  I think most are from
> EXEC_BACKEND so compiling with/without that should help but then you
> have to merge the typedef lists, of course.

The source code is the same, of course, but typedef generation uses
object files, not source code.

> I count 2481 typedefs found on my build.  I don't think we have to find
> every single typedef in the system for pgindent to be useful, but if we
> want people to be able to use this we should choose a single typedef
> file and all use that.   I am willing to create a standard one for
> everyone and upload it daily to the community ftp server.  It will not
> be perfect but I can improve it as people make suggestions.

Please do.

What are we going to do about the duality of Windows vs. non-Windows?
Perhaps we could collect typedefs generated on the buildfarm.