Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What are we going to do about the duality of Windows vs. non-Windows?
> Perhaps we could collect typedefs generated on the buildfarm.

I think it's really not acceptable that pgindent misformats Windows-only
code (or any other part of the code that Bruce doesn't care enough about
to build on his system).

This whole business of extracting the typedef names from object files
sucks to begin with, and it will never not suck.  If we have to have
such a list, we need to find a more platform-independent procedure
for getting it.