Re: ECPG connection timeouts - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG connection timeouts
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 04:47:51PM -0600, Edmund Bacon wrote:
> Is it possible to control how long ECPG takes when trying to connect to
> a database on a remote system (e.g. connect to tcp:postgres//remote/db)

With ecpg calling libpq's connect functions you can just look here for possible options:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/libpq-connect.html

You should use something like
tcp:postgresql://server/database?connect_timeout=14 as database name in
a connect statement.

However, you will notice that this doesn't work as I just found that the
parser doesn't like the "=14" part. I will fix this in a minute.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!