ECPG connection timeouts - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Edmund Bacon
Subject ECPG connection timeouts
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Is it possible to control how long ECPG takes when trying to connect to
a database on a remote system (e.g. connect to tcp:postgres//remote/db)

In my environment it is quite possible that the link to the remote
system may be down, so I'd prefer not to have to force the end-user to
wait 3+ minutes while ECPG CONNECT times out.

I've tried using sig_action()/alarm() and also tried using
setjmp/longjmp with alarm, but to no avail.

Is there anything I can do within ECPG other than try a plain old
connect() to the remote system on port 5432 and not proceed with a ECPG
CONNECT if that fails?

Thanks,

Edmund Bacon