Re: --enable-thread-safety bug - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: --enable-thread-safety bug
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:51:30PM -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
> My program had no threads - as I pointed out if I change the default
> Makefile in the FreeBSD ports
> system to not enable thread safety my programs runs just fine for days
> on end. It appears to me
> without any kind of close examination that there is a memory leak in the
> ecpg library when enable
> thread safety is turned on.

There are just a few variables covered by ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY. I wonder
how the program manages to spend so much time allocating memory to eat
all of it. Could you give us some more info about your source code? Do
you use descriptors? Auto allocating?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!