Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems pgindent is not considering EXEC_BACKEND typedefs.  For
> example,
>
> static void restore_backend_variables(BackendParameters * param, Port *port);
>
> BackendParameters is not considered a typedef.
>
> Not sure how serious an issue this is ... I just noticed and thought I
> would mention it.

Yep.  The cause is that find_typedefs actually pulls the typedef out of
the debugged-enabled binary, and on Unix those functions aren't used by
default.  This is spelled out in the pgindent/README in CVS.

I could just EXEC_BACKEND in the debug build I use but I suppose there
are other typedef I am missing as well.  Any idea on a more
comprehensive solution to finding typedefs?

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com