Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> It seems pgindent is not considering EXEC_BACKEND typedefs.

> Yep.  The cause is that find_typedefs actually pulls the typedef out of
> the debugged-enabled binary, and on Unix those functions aren't used by
> default.  This is spelled out in the pgindent/README in CVS.

> I could just EXEC_BACKEND in the debug build I use but I suppose there
> are other typedef I am missing as well.  Any idea on a more
> comprehensive solution to finding typedefs?

I guess that explains why plpython.c and most of contrib have similar
problems.

If you want to do this on the basis of precompiled code, you need to
enable every optional feature in your build, and include the PLs and
contrib modules not only the core backend.