Re: Postgre and XML - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Postgre and XML
Date
List pgsql-general
x asasaxax escribió:
> I dont know how can i enable the xml in postgre. I´ve tried to do a xml
> search function but it seams that the postgre doesen´t recognized the
> function. How can I install and use the xml on the postgre?

What version of Postgres?  In Postgres 8.2 and earlier, you need to
install a Postgres contrib module.  In Postgres 8.3 (currently in beta),
you need to rebuild Postgres with --with-libxml to enable the internal
Postgres XML functionality.

Note to Postgres people: do we think that repetition will cause the
correct name to stick?

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"La gente vulgar solo piensa en pasar el tiempo;