Re: Postgre and XML - Mailing list pgsql-general

From x asasaxax
Subject Re: Postgre and XML
Date
List pgsql-general
I dont know how can i enable the xml in postgre. I´ve tried to do a xml search function but it seams that the postgre doesen´t recognized the function. How can I install and use the xml on the postgre?

Thanks

2007/11/19, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Montag, 19. November 2007 schrieb x asasaxax:
> >    I?m interested in running xml with postgre. I use postgre version 8.2
> > and windows xp. I would like to know how can i enable the xml in the
> > postgresql.
>
> That depends on what you want to do with it.  XML is quite a broad topic.

Here is our Postgres 8.2 documentation about XML:

         http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/datatype-xml.html

Postgres 8.3 has some new XML features:

        http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release-8-3.html

--