Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit  ("Trevor Talbot" <quension@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Laurent Duperval wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:06:37 -0400, Kris Jurka wrote:
>
> >> I get en error in the logs that state:
> >>
> >> Server process exited with exit code -1073741502
> >
> > This is likely a server bug.  If you can isolate the failing test and
> > extract a self contained example someone can probably fix it.
>
> It seems to be some sort of interaction between Eclipse and Junit/Postgres
> driver. When I run my tests, just before the server crash, I have dozens
> and dozens of spawned Postgres processes. When the crash occurs, all
> processes are killed and restarted again. And this process continues until
> the tests complete.

The fact that all Postgres processes disappear is normal.  Postgres
itself (more precisely, the postmaster process) kills all server
processes when one of them dies unexpectedly.

> When I run the tests from an ant script I also see some spawned processes,
> but nothing like running it in Eclipse.
>
> If I run each test case separately, I don't see this issue. But when I run
> them as a whole (i.e. run all tests defined in my application) I get the
> same error every time.

Maybe Eclipse is trying to run more of them at a time than ant, and the
extra concurrency is killing the server for some reason.  Was this
compiled with Cygwin, or is it the native (mingw) version?

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"La vida es para el que se aventura"