Re: text search vs schemas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: text search vs schemas
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 01:16:22AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> That seems like it'd fix the problem for expression indexes on
> to_tsvector calls, but I don't see how it fixes the problem for
> triggers.  We don't have any clear path for making trigger arguments
> be anything but a list of strings.

I'm unsure how it works now, but it seems reasonable that when a
regclass/regtype/regetc is passed to a trigger, pass it in OID form.
This can be cast back safely inside the trigger itself. Seems a little
hacky though...

Having it as a type would also help with tracking dependancies.

Have a nice day,