Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Andrew Hammond wrote:
> > It also happens to be objectively false and misleading, as many people
> > have told you many times.  To take one example, Varlena LLC has been
> > doing exclusively PostgreSQL for quite some time.  There are other
> > companies not based in North America that do the same.  Please stop
> > this, keeping in mind that business in Matthew 7:1-5.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > David
> > who also does PostgreSQL exclusively, and doesn't work at CMD.
>
> To the point, if you are willing to accept that there are companies
> other than CMD which could be reasonably described as "A PostgreSQL
> Company" then CMD calling themselves "The PostgreSQL Company" doesn't
> seem all that reasonable.
>
> CMD has a lot to offer as a company. I can't understand why they'd
> waste the attention of a potential client with what is clearly
> marketing speak.

I think the summary is that in CMD's eye, independent consultants are
too small to be companies, and EnterpriseDB's changes to PostgreSQL are
too big, so like "The Story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears", CMD, in
their eyes, is "just right" as "The PostgreSQL Company".  ;-)