Re: upgraded to pgsql 8.2.4, getting worse performance then 7.4.x - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Douglas J Hunley
Subject Re: upgraded to pgsql 8.2.4, getting worse performance then 7.4.x
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sunday 03 June 2007 18:30:17 Greg Smith wrote:
> To be equivalent to the 7.4 config the 8.2 config would need:

I've taken all the wonderful advise offered thus far, and put the attached
into use. Our initial testing shows a 66% improvement in page load times for
our app. I have the customer beating on things and noting anything that is
still slow.

On a side note, is there any real benefit to using autovacuum over a
periodically scheduled vacuum? I ask because we have the latter already coded
up and cron'd and it seems to keep things fairly optimized.

BTW, I'm on the list, so there's no need to reply direct. I can get the
replies from the list

Thanks again for everyone's assistance thus far. Y'all rock!
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
http://doug.hunley.homeip.net

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe...

Attachment