Re: New Live CD needed - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: New Live CD needed
Date
Re: New Live CD needed
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:53:53 -0700 Josh Berkus wrote:

> >> I don't know the exact intention, but is it possible to get some more
> >> for the european group(s)?
> >
> > I don't see why not.
>
> We need two things:
> 1. Quantities and Dates for the CDs you need.

First date would be PGDay in Italy, i think.

> 2. You to figure out deal with tax issues
>
> (2) is difficult; we've found that the EU taxes boxes of CDs we ship,
> even if we are a non-profit and giving them away for free.  So, you need
> to figure out how the EU organization can pay the tax or how to avoid
> it, and whether or not the tax makes shipping CDs from the US completely
> uneconomical.

Hmm, since i never got anything sent from the US, i don't know, how to
avoid this taxes. But i understand, that sending 100 or more CDs may
not count as a giveaway. Anyway, i will start looking into this problem.

Hmm, how about finding a company in europe, who will press some hundred
CDs? Anybody has an address and a price for this? Remember additionaly
labels.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum