Re: New Live CD needed - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: New Live CD needed
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Ciao guys,
> First date would be PGDay in Italy, i think.

Yep, I agree.
> Hmm, how about finding a company in europe, who will press some hundred
> CDs? Anybody has an address and a price for this? Remember additionaly
> labels.

I have almost convinced my boss at the City Council of Prato to print at
least 100 CDs of a live distribution. I am in touch with Robert for PG
Live. Also I have been told there is an Italian guys who's prepared
another live distribution, more oriented towards GIS purposes - but I
can't remember the name right now. Some guys of the Italian community
are evaluating that as well.

I need to get informed about taxes. There is a tax in Italy called SIAE
that we need to pay. However I am not sure if we have to even if the
distributed software is open-source. Will find out in the next few days.

Thanks.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, IWA/HWG Member
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy