Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
Csaba Nagy wrote:
> [snip]
> > You don't need to reindex, just update.
>
> I was pretty sure I've seen the error reported and the fix too, the
> thing is relatively harmless except the vacuum troubles. And considering
> that the table itself does not need vacuuming, it would be even more
> harmless if it wouldn't block other stuff and if XID wraparound wouldn't
> be a problem.

Huh, why do you say that it doesn't need any vacuuming?

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"Always assume the user will do much worse than the stupidest thing