Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yoshiyuki Asaba
Subject Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pg_restore fails with a custom backup file
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:38:59 +0100

> > > Compiles clean without warnings on MinGW, but not tested, sorry also no
> > > time.
> >
> > Does not compile on my MinGW - errors in the system headers (unistd.h,
> > io.h) due to changing the argument format for chsize(). The change of
> > off_t propagated into parts of the system headers, thus chaos was
> > ensured.
> >
> > I still think we need to use a pgoff_t. Will look at combining these two
> > approaches.
>
> Here's a patch that tries this.
> *needs more testing*. But built with this patch, I can dump and
> restore a table at the end of a 10gb database without errors.

I tried the attached patch. But I got the following error.

pg_backup_archiver.o(.text+0x1fa4): In function `allocAH':
C:/msys/1.0/home/y-asaba/postgresql-8.2.3-patch/src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup_archiver.c:1580: undefined reference to
`fseeko64'
make[3]: *** [pg_dump] Error 1
 $ uname -sr MINGW32_NT-5.1 1.0.10(0.46/3/2)

Is MINGW version too old?
--
Yoshiyuki Asaba
y-asaba@sraoss.co.jp