Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 05:30:48PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > > Yes, except does that actually work? If so you found the place in the
> > > headers to stick it without breaking things that I couldn't find ;-)
> >
> > Compiles clean without warnings on MinGW, but not tested, sorry also no
> > time.
>
> Does not compile on my MinGW - errors in the system headers (unistd.h,
> io.h) due to changing the argument format for chsize(). The change of
> off_t propagated into parts of the system headers, thus chaos was
> ensured.
>
> I still think we need to use a pgoff_t. Will look at combining these two
> approaches.

Here's a patch that tries this.
*needs more testing*. But built with this patch, I can dump and
restore a table at the end of a 10gb database without errors.

Does the method/patch seem reasonable? Anybody else who can run a couple
of tests on it?

//Magnus

Attachment